The SimsCave
April 18, 2024, 07:45:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read the rules before posting. Especially this one.

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FAQ: Where have all the box links gone...  (Read 25327 times)
distant_memory
Featured Creator

« on: January 29, 2013, 03:39:58 pm »

confused1 < Is this you when you try to download my work?

Please don't worry, since Mediafire were being horrible to me (amongst others) I am having to convert and move my work, now at this moment in time I am trying to decide whether I am going to create/redevelop webspace that I have and buy a name for it, or get some space at a free place and set up shop (so to speak) so in the meantime I am going to (when I next have a few hours to spare) redirect all my sims cave posts to the one massive download post featured here on The Cave.

There won't be anything new from me (if at all) until after March 18th 2013, I am so sorry that this has had to happen but its circumstance and Mediafire that have been the causes.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 01:26:40 pm by distant_memory » Logged
sorasunao
Is now also a mean
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 04:03:11 pm »

You got mediafire attacked too? I just got nine file take down "violation" notices myself. Sad

Tutorial for uploading pictures

Hey project mediafryer folks: I'm active, no need to grab my files!
distant_memory
Featured Creator

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 04:34:16 pm »

You got mediafire attacked too? I just got nine file take down "violation" notices myself. Sad

So far just the one, it was named sexual pose box, I'm thinking it was the name but I am wary of leaving anything to chance. So I am moving them to another place but it can only cope with .Zip format so I am ready to test and see if it will accept one of my boxes just now. I am contemplating writing them and saying WTF? but politely
Nalia
Cave Groupie

イノセンスはつどう

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 04:35:08 pm »

Same here! They took the "Sexy maid outfit" down on the ground of "copyright violation". They also have put my account on strike. Buggers and whining kids!

My LiveJournal
Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.
distant_memory
Featured Creator

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 04:38:45 pm »

Same here! They took the "Sexy maid outfit" down on the ground of "copyright violation". They also have put my account on strike. Buggers and whining kids!

Yes! Thats what happened with me and considering I have boxes named BDSM and Erotic well it won't be long before they start on those! I will be pointing out to them now I am able to upload in Zip format to this new site the fact that they are banning/making violation claims towards the owner of the copyright for something that is essentially a computer game modification that technically speaking has not been prevented by EA Games or Sims 2 Game makers.
Nalia
Cave Groupie

イノセンスはつどう

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 04:43:01 pm »

So, American authorities -of any sort- are shocked by words including "sex" in them, but they don't mind allowing weapons at schools and students get shot. Got it!

Distant Memory, if everything works fine with the new place you are planning to relocate your files, please PM and let me know.
Thank you.

My LiveJournal
distant_memory
Featured Creator

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 05:08:04 pm »

So, American authorities -of any sort- are shocked by words including "sex" in them, but they don't mind allowing weapons at schools and students get shot. Got it!

Distant Memory, if everything works fine with the new place you are planning to relocate your files, please PM and let me know.
Thank you.

I've written to them about it and asked why this is happening and what it means, so I will let everyone know *IF* I get an answer. I'll be in touch with regards to hosting files smile
sorasunao
Is now also a mean
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 05:17:30 pm »

One of the files I got taken down was outfit from Simguys and it's called "I'm just that cool" I... really don't see how that could have gotten removed because of the file name only. Did your messages have any reason for it or was it just the "The file (filename) violates the MediaFire Terms of Service. Due to it being distributed from your account, it has been removed. Also, a Strike has been placed against your account and can lead to a termination of service." message? (that's copied right out of the message I got minus the file name part obviously)

There are multiple people reporting their files getting removed too at GoS (especially see the last page)

Nalia
Cave Groupie

イノセンスはつどう

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 05:36:22 pm »

Thank you for all the info, Suna!
I'm really curious to find out who the hell is behind it all.

My LiveJournal
mistressmarci
Cave Gatherer

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 06:04:18 pm »

I got a notice from mediafire today as well, stating that a file of mine violated their terms of service & had been removed & a strike made against my account. The file in question was called "adele clothing" - it was simply a rar containing clothing files from adele that I had uploaded for a thread at GOS when her site when down. Nothing sexual at all!  confused1
Julie J
Cave Scout

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 06:16:45 pm »

It's happened to me too on my DW which I reopened as an archive with mediafire about 20 files of mine have been reported.

I've asked for a mediafire ticket as well

Even stuff I've done on Maxis meshes taken nothing from no one
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 06:18:39 pm by Julie J » Logged

Nalia
Cave Groupie

イノセンスはつどう

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 06:16:51 pm »

Mistress,
I suggest you go through the post at GoS Suna posted above and file ticket to Mediafire.  

EDIT

I suggest everyone read the GoS thread and follow their steps in taking action with Mediafire.

My LiveJournal
sorasunao
Is now also a mean
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 06:25:17 pm »

Submitting ticket is what I did. Heh, I feel bit sorry for mediafire, they're sure to be hit with quite few tickets now. Then again who the hell told them to just take all those files down like that? Yeap, sympathy gone already.

Julie J
Cave Scout

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 06:51:08 pm »

Wondering if it's some troll who has some major Sims 2 issues and well known creators. Don't think it's TSR this time, Thomas always names himself as the complainant. He's reported me before and others the same way.
Or Mediafire itself has some issue.

mistressmarci
Cave Gatherer

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 06:56:22 pm »

Mistress,
I suggest you go through the post at GoS Suna posted above and file ticket to Mediafire. 

EDIT

I suggest everyone read the GoS thread and follow their steps in taking action with Mediafire.

I had posted on that thread at GOS before seeing this one, actually... & I also submitted a support ticket to mediafire right after getting the email. Nothing back from them as yet! (& I don't feel remotely sorry for them getting so many support tickets!  Maybe it will encourage them to sort out whatever their problem is!)
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  

This site is not endorsed with or affiliated by Electronic Arts, or its licensors.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors.
All rights reserved.
Maxis, Electronic Arts, EA Games, The Sims 2 are registered trademarks and � Copyright Electronic Arts Inc.