The SimsCave
March 28, 2024, 03:16:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read the rules before posting. Especially this one.

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Ponytail 0508 for teen and up  (Read 35228 times)
BlueSoup
Cave Groupie

« on: May 04, 2009, 01:41:30 am »

Ponytail 0508 for teen and up

Nice high ponytail with wavey texture.

Info:
- 1554 vertices, 2324 faces
- Teen and up
- 2 families, binned, 2 greys total

Mesh & Light Colours
Mesh & Dark Colours
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 07:24:40 am by BlueSoup » Logged

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Clarina
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 07:20:38 pm »

Hi, I've got all Nouk's hair in my game and this is the only one I have problems with.  The mesh does show up in my game but the textures don't, it just looks like a big gray lump of a ponytail and I don't know what to do, because I really like this hair and I can't understand why this particular hair doesn't work.  I'm really hoping someone can help me and give me an idea of what to do to fix this.
Thanks for hosting Nouk's great creations, there were even a couple here that I didn't have previously, yay!
Clarina
BlueSoup
Cave Groupie

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 09:16:48 pm »

Does it only show as grey in the CAS catalog, or does it show up as grey when you have it on a Sim?  Because I've had this hair for a long time and it works fine for me, so maybe it's just a thumbnail problem?

Clarina
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 09:32:59 pm »

:-\   I could have sworn that it was just gray on a sim as well, but I'm going to have to start up my game and see.  I can't be sure, now that you mention it.  Really sorry, and thanks for a swift response.  It'll have to wait 'till "tomorrow" though, because it's way past midnight and I need to go to sleep.  Soon.

Update:  yes, the hair shows up gray when a sim is wearing it.  I'd post a screenshot if I knew how...  This is the only hair that has the problem.  Sad
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 08:26:18 am by Clarina » Logged
BlueSoup
Cave Groupie

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 04:50:46 pm »

I can't figure out why you're having a problem with this hair and no one else I've ever heard of has the same problem.  I'd recommend to delete the mesh and recolours from your Downloads folder, and reinstall it.

ladychyde

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 05:56:25 pm »

What of computer do you have?For some reasons this doesn't work on the mac.It does how up on my use dell.
Clarina
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 06:29:32 pm »

What of computer do you have?For some reasons this doesn't work on the mac.It does how up on my use dell.

Oh no!!  Thanks for the info, Ladychyde.  I am indeed playing on a Mac.  Sad  Why doesn't it work for Macs when all the others do?
simsample
Cave Groupie

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 06:55:27 pm »

Ah, this could be something to do with texture sizes. With the Aspyr games certain higher resolution wall textures don't show up, so perhaps it's something similar. Maybe there are some retextures of this mesh you could use instead?

I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose Freewill
enonam
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 02:50:46 pm »

Hi, i'm new at this and i have no idea how to get these hairstyles in my game. Could you help?
taylorlester
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2009, 12:37:51 pm »

what do you have to do to install this??
sorasunao
Is now also a mean
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2009, 01:48:07 pm »

Extract the rar and put the files from inside it to Downloads folder. Downloads folder should be in (my) documents-> EA Games-> Sims 2. If it's not you can either start up bodyshop and that will create it OR create new folder and name it "Downloads" (without " marks ofcourse) WITH capital C that's important, 'kay?

Tutorial for uploading pictures

Hey project mediafryer folks: I'm active, no need to grab my files!
BlueSoup
Cave Groupie

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2009, 04:12:47 pm »

With a Windows-based system, it should work without anything different to other downloads.  Apparently, it does not work with Macs.

forgetmeplease

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 07:42:02 pm »

Indeed, this does work on my windows computer, but not on my mac. I purposefully went all out and checked.
Trilly

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 01:37:41 pm »

I LOVE THESE! tongue laugh
moonsyn

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 07:26:17 pm »

Hi

I realize this thread is quite old, but I wasn't sure if I should make a new one.

I'd really love to get these hairs, since I can't seem to find it anywhere else, but the links in the original post don't seem to work for me =/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  

This site is not endorsed with or affiliated by Electronic Arts, or its licensors.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors.
All rights reserved.
Maxis, Electronic Arts, EA Games, The Sims 2 are registered trademarks and � Copyright Electronic Arts Inc.