The SimsCave
March 28, 2024, 05:57:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read the rules before posting. Especially this one.

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mediafire is soon going to delete inactive users and their files  (Read 3666 times)
sorasunao
Is now also a mean
Administrator

« on: December 20, 2020, 03:48:00 pm »

... As the title says, Mediafire is soon going to delete inactive users and their files, for more reading see for example this post, to sum it up I'll just quote prengle:

mediafire is deleting all "inactive" content from their servers in two weeks. as of now, they have not made any public statement stating that they are doing this. this undoubtedly includes lots and lots of sims related content. download everything humanly possible, spread the word, curse mediafire and backup every single piece of cc that you can. this is not a drill.

If you've been around for longer you've likely noticed that pretty much everything with still working links that isn't linked from booty is posted to mediafire instead. In other words this is downright a fucking catastrophe for this site.

If you have files on mediafire all you need to do is log in and you're counted as active and your files are safe, for now. Problem is all those people who no longer are active, their files are without a doubt going to get nuked. That's basically the whole userbase who used to share files here, all of it is going to go missing unless those people decide to log in to mediafire when they get notified that their accounts are about to be nuked, but I doubt that unless they have their personal files there too most people likely aren't going to care.

I literally have no idea what to do, I can't possibly go through all the posts here and download everything to reupload so I'm just gonna throw my hands up in the air and say fuck it, whatever disappears disappears. Once files start going missing you can report the broken download links for Sims 2 here and Sims 3 here, but it's very unlikely they'll be reuploaded. So yeah, that's happening, just thought I'd post heads ups about it here too.

Tutorial for uploading pictures

Hey project mediafryer folks: I'm active, no need to grab my files!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  

This site is not endorsed with or affiliated by Electronic Arts, or its licensors.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors.
All rights reserved.
Maxis, Electronic Arts, EA Games, The Sims 2 are registered trademarks and � Copyright Electronic Arts Inc.