The SimsCave
March 28, 2024, 12:28:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Download links not working? Click me!

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: More Options for Monique's PC-Freetime Required  (Read 20928 times)
zizismommy
Cave Gatherer

« on: June 21, 2008, 08:05:18 am »

There are quite a few pc's in the zip. Included are pc's from simcredible designs, simgedoehns, no frills, around the sims, stylist sims and more. Each pc is in a folder with a pic for easy deleting. I've been playing with them for a week with no problems. The pc's have the same guid as the originals so recolors will still work. Enjoy.

Credit to all the pc makers, Monique for the pc, and Chaavik for updating it for FT.

NO SUPPORT IS GIVEN FOR THESE COMPUTERS. If you want to know how it works then go here
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=78086 and here
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=64137

http://www.mediafire.com/?umsixnmirn4

Apartment Life Versions
http://www.mediafire.com/?zztkcdm3dmo
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 11:08:53 am by zizismommy » Logged
Charlotte
Kiwi Chic
Cave Gatherer

~Certifiably Annoying~

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 05:15:14 pm »

Awesome - I'm glad someone updated this PC.  She's normally quite quick with the updates so I was surprised that she didn't up this one as quickly as she has done in the past - I don't think she's been logged in for a while though.

Thanks for the updates, Dee cheesy

Come Visit Te Puia
~Remember to say Thanks~
blewis
Love to explore caves
Cave Gatherer

Club dancing

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 02:08:50 am »

This is so cool! Thanks for moar options in my game. Wink

I hate stinkin' signatures!
FreddyBear
Master of Freddy
Cave Gatherer

♥ Expecting Mommy On Board ♥

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 01:19:32 pm »

Thanks ZiZi'sMom :wave:....

Call me Freddy<br />If my links go bad, pm me......<br />Like Making TSR Shit Bricks?  Hell Yeah!<br />Travian Anyone?<br />I am the ♥ Master
zizismommy
Cave Gatherer

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 02:16:40 pm »

You're welcome guys. Charlotte I was soo glad when this was updated as well. It was hard having to have a regular pc in the house since the sims are so freaking obsessed with the maxis version.
Tressa
Cave Gatherer

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 05:59:55 pm »

Squee!  Thanks!
alec azam
Cave Gatherer

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 01:03:59 am »

Thanks so much. Finally, my sims can have some variety.

my files: www.mediafire.com/alecazam
not much in there, yet :P
brantley
Cave Gatherer

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 10:34:58 am »

You're such a sweetheart!  Thanks for doing these and sharing them with us.
MisSK

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 08:52:11 am »

These are fantastic.
Although, a small issue - I downloaded the file but I don't seem to have the pictures. It's not really a big deal, just thought I'd mention it.

|EDIT|
Oh and another thing, I don't know if this could be an issue or not, but I noticed Chaavik's computers had a Global Sims Controller whereas yours don't.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 10:12:20 am by MisSK » Logged

Dreamwith
Chaavik
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 09:43:57 pm »

Hello, I have been told about this site hosting a thread started by Zizismommy where she uploaded a version of my work I've done with Monique's computer(s), more precisely the FT version I worked on and released at Insimenator along with several model versions (Laptop, Expensive, Sunair to name a few), for other people to download.

Why did I hear about this now? Because someone posted the link to this computer in my thread at MATY. When I saw what had been done here, I had to register to make a comment and to make a formal request for the removal of the work here because I have a policy in place about uploading the work I've done on the computers for both FT and AL. I had not been contacted for permission to upload a version of my work on the FT/AL computers.

I am upset when I learned I wasn't contacted by Zizismommy whether it was ok for her to upload a computer remesh using the work I've done or not.

If you have doubt about what I've stated here, then please read the first post of both threads for FT/BV Monique's Computer/Laptop Variety and AL Monique's Computer/Laptop Variety. I also included documentation outlining the policy with the uploads as well as the original computer I uploaded at MATY. That version is no longer available due to a newer version of FT in my thread at Insimenator. This computer was uploaded in June, long after I placed the policy in effect with the uploads I released in both threads.

I am not here to cause trouble, but to ask formally for the removal of this work because I had not been contacted if you could upload a version of the work I've done with Monique's computers for FT/AL.

Thank you for your time.

alec azam
Cave Gatherer

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 02:22:47 am »

Chaavik,

First, let me thank you for all the hard work you've done upgrading Monique's computer for FT. Monique's PC is one of the top ten pieces of cc I can't live without and I use it in every sims household I play. My only critique is that the four original versions of the computer don't provide enough variety for my game.

I lack the expertise to make these kinds of conversions so I was beyond thrilled when zizismommy posted these files here. I've yet to find any other versions of MQ's PC, or instructions on how to upgrade other custom PC's to your & Monique's superior version for personal use. (Though, honestly even if a tutorial was available, I probably wouldn't be able to follow it Sad ) As a result, though these computers are a bit out of date, they work perfectly fine for my purposes and I still often use them in houses where the other PC styles don't work. So, I humbly ask that you reconsider your request to have these computers removed. 

Out of curiosity, did you ever manage to get in contact with Monique or Sunair, to find out what their policy was for modifying and uploading these objects to other sites?

I'm sure zizismommy meant no disrespect, she was probably just doing the same thing you were when you upgraded Moniques' PC -- sharing something she had originally improved for herself with her friends here at Simscave who were unable to make such changes themselves.

my files: www.mediafire.com/alecazam
not much in there, yet :P
zizismommy
Cave Gatherer

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 06:33:59 am »

I didn't mean any disrespect to you Chaavik when I uploaded them. I didn't see where you said anything about not modifying the pcs and that's my fault. I did these firstly for myself and some friends since the options are very very limited and decided on a fly to upload them. I never thought it would be a problem since the original build of the computer was Monique's and you were nice enough to update them for us. I never took credit for your work. If it's that big of an issue i'll take them down when I get a chance.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 06:38:12 am by zizismommy » Logged
Chaavik
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 02:04:16 pm »

Well, I had plenty of time to mull over this before coming back to reply. I admitted I was upset when I saw someone posting a link to this thread from the one I had at MATY. The computer mod in that thread is no longer available because it is an older version with no new fixes. I had forgotten I uploaded it there since I don't always visit MATY to check in on that thread. It was originally a beta version and was meant to be tested not publicly released.

You can keep your version up if you want. Just wanted to be contacted so I would know who to contact in case if someone comes to the threads at Insim thinking I was the one who did your version and ask me questions about it.

I do apologize for the way my previous post appeared to be. I do also hope in the future there will be better communication.

See you around.
zizismommy
Cave Gatherer

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 05:46:22 pm »

Thank you so much. I was coming to take them down so i'm happy you're allowing them to stay up. I don't think you were rude at all and you were very level headed about the whole thing. I'm sorry for the unnecessary drama I caused you.
PookyPoo
Cave Gatherer

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 01:04:52 pm »

This is cool , I always use this computer ,can't imagin I played without it before Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  

This site is not endorsed with or affiliated by Electronic Arts, or its licensors.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors.
All rights reserved.
Maxis, Electronic Arts, EA Games, The Sims 2 are registered trademarks and � Copyright Electronic Arts Inc.