The SimsCave
March 28, 2024, 10:25:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Download links not working? Click me!

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Sim Request - Vinoue  (Read 13679 times)
distant_memory
Featured Creator

« on: May 27, 2012, 04:41:07 pm »

This is Vinoue, she is a creation based on a self sim request made Here, she comes with two of my own clothing creations plus all the CC that you see listed in the Clean Installer Graphic.

EDIT - 28 MAY 2012

I am so sorry to everyone that may have downloaded Vinoue between last night and now, but as ladyare has pointed out (see below) the clothing files have got mixed up and so they haven't been showing. As I have explained below, I have since re-run my game with a completely virgin folder, no projects or savedsims to confuse things and they are now showing up.

To avoid futher confusion I have taken the clothing out of the Vinoue sim download file and uploaded them so they have their own download link. If there are any further problems, I have the Vinoue sims wearing the outfits which if all else fails I will post up. Again I am really very sorry for all the confusion.

Download: DistantSims

Technical Details

- Comes packaged in Maxis Everyday outfit
- Includes two custom outfits [pictures below]
- Gothic Dress & Vampyre Underware come with their own mesh, no downloads required  grin
- Texture, Material & Colour are my design
- All other CC is as listed

These are the Pictures:

Packaged as shown

Gothic Dress - Similar to photo

Vampyre T-Shirt & Undies - Similar to Photo

PLEASE NOTE: It is a requirement of the original dress creator that creators who are inspired by, recolour or make use of their work, provide a link to where their work is housed, therefore as a formality only you can find the original dress and the home of the creator at this link - Here

Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:52:30 pm by distant_memory » Logged
skeir
Cave Gatherer

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 01:03:09 am »

Looks amazing, as I stated in the other post.  smile Tho' I can't seem to find the outfits in game. Did you use any special mesh for them?
distant_memory
Featured Creator

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 03:53:16 am »

Hi there Vinoue,

I am really glad that you like her, I was a bit nervous when posting to be honest. The clothing and the meshes are inside the winrar package along with your sim, both meshes should be there as well. If you have any problems then please just pm or comment and I can organise for you to download them separately.

DM
skeir
Cave Gatherer

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 06:23:04 am »

Really like her! Good job. smile
I've downloaded Sussi's mesh which you linked, installed it, re-downloaded your files and installed them over again. Still not working. The sim shows up just fine, but the clothes you made does not show up at all.  confused1
distant_memory
Featured Creator

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 08:22:39 am »

Hey,

Leave it with me, I will double check and make sure that I have given you the correct meshes because I made them myself sometimes my own work shows up fine on my own machines but sometimes not on other peoples. I will go through them this afternoon double check everything and then repost the clothing up in a post of their own with their own download links. The link to MTS is a formality because the author requests that you link back to the original creations which are housed there. Her dress was my inspiration but I used/created my own mesh.

Will be in touch later today :-) Really sorry for the confusion and problem with the clothing
ladyare
Cave Gatherer

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 08:49:17 am »

Sorry for interrupting, but I've checked the download myself (because I really love this dress) and I think that you've packed the wrong recolour, the working one should be one from Saved Sims folder and the one in the archive is looking like a package with a Sim and not the clothes smile
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 08:52:30 am by ladyare » Logged
distant_memory
Featured Creator

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 09:50:14 am »

blush Great Minds Ladyare  blush

I mixed up the clothing meshes when I was putting the post together last night, I am going to blame the late hour rather than having a ditz moment because then I can fake credibility and not look like a total idiot.

I cleared out my game folder and put in a virgin one, ran it with everything as I had uploaded it and realised that I had mixed the clothing files somewhere in the process. Luckily I had made three versions of the Vinoue Sim, one with the maxis outfit, one in the underware and one in the gothic dress, and they now all show up correctly so I took the matching mesh and clothing for each and put them in a file of their own to download.

If there are any problems encountered I will upload the two sims and adjust the post accordingly.

Thank you for pointing out what I had done, you and I literally must have been working it through at the same time.
skeir
Cave Gatherer

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 10:14:33 am »

Oh it shows up now!!  cheesy It's truly amazing! Thank you again! 
distant_memory
Featured Creator

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 10:18:30 am »

Vinoue, I am really glad you have posted to tell me that, thank you so so much. I am really thrilled that you like her and the clothing.
skeir
Cave Gatherer

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 10:23:55 am »

You're awesome at making dresses!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 03:40:48 am by Vinoue » Logged
distant_memory
Featured Creator

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 10:29:45 am »

Hey Vinoue,

Sure no worries, as long as you don't mind waiting until the end of the week for me to finish this it should be okay, it would be sooner but I have a tooth extraction on Wednesday and I have another appointment tomorrow, so both of those are a bit time consuming and I like to spend time on my creations (I got told off for obsessing over detail on the first gothic dress).
skeir
Cave Gatherer

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 10:32:17 am »

It's completely fine, thought I might as well ask since the first one was so lovely. smile
Wait what? You got told off? I can't really see why.
distant_memory
Featured Creator

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2012, 10:42:18 am »

I sat with the graphics package open, your picture and my partner beside me and I was using one of the colour sliders trying to get the tone right, we are talking a tiny, tiny fraction of a difference, and I got the voice at the side of me saying "You do realise that the colour match is pretty good, I doubt a fraction of a difference will do any harm"

To which I look up rather sheepishly and went... "Yeah... but..." and you know that look that says don't argue? just accept... Yeah I got that look so I saved and tried it out...  blush so yeah I kinda pay attention to detail even if they are the tiny ones lol.
skeir
Cave Gatherer

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 11:42:37 am »

Ah, I misunderstood. I thought someone TOLD you that you had to little details. Oh dear, my english ain't the best, I apologize for that.
distant_memory
Featured Creator

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2012, 12:11:09 pm »

It's okay honestly, I have a funny quirk where I type more or less exactly how I would normally speak, so the Scottish quirks and Distant_Memory-isms that I have in real life end up coming across in my digital one as well, and I tend to forget that not everyone is local to Scotland or the UK and that the extra W in WWW stands for World not something else.
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  

This site is not endorsed with or affiliated by Electronic Arts, or its licensors.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors.
All rights reserved.
Maxis, Electronic Arts, EA Games, The Sims 2 are registered trademarks and � Copyright Electronic Arts Inc.