The SimsCave
March 28, 2024, 07:31:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Download links not working? Click me!

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: [Sims 3]Sanctuary 2011  (Read 16006 times)
simsample
Cave Groupie

« on: September 21, 2011, 10:28:38 am »

I uploaded Sanctuary and my other worlds to Sims File Share- links here:
http://www.modthesims.info/journal.php?do=showjournal&j=1176

« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 01:12:26 pm by simsample » Logged

I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose Freewill
auntielynds

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 11:38:05 am »

Ooo! Can't wait to see what you did 
MeltedCheesePuffs
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 06:04:45 pm »

Just... wow... This is impressive. Have you ever thought of working as a level designer? I'm trying my hand at creating my own world right now so I have an idea how much blood, sweat, and tears you've put into this. I'm definitely downloading and giving it a try. Thank you for sharing it!

SmilingSweetly
Cave Gatherer

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 10:18:59 am »

Looks fabulous! Can't wait to play it!

Thanks for sharing this with us.  Kiss

They mostly come out at night. Mostly.
semper_fi

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 04:30:41 pm »

Hey!

I'm terribly sorry for bumping the old topic but it's late here and this is latest Sanctuary topic the author has been active in. I started a new save on your world and there's a couple of things that's bugging me.

Firstly how are schools supposed to work. Usually Maxis world has one school and yours has multiple. Do kids go the school nearest to therir home or is it just something cosmetic?

Secondly, i also use Twallans storyprogression and it has been telling me a lot of sim-people are seriouly slacking, missing their work and school. I have played one day only though but it had bothered me so much I had to come here and ask. Will it ever normalise Would some more Subway station help? Oh, and I have the MTS version cause I didnt notice your most recent one.

Thirdly (okay it is now more than a couple but whatever =) ) , where are those secret lots that cause game to stutter due to faulty routing system? I haven't had any problems in the sim-day i played but I want to prevent any before it even occurs.

I do apologise for hitting you out of the blue but I felt it was something I had to do to enjoy your magnificent world at its best

Much obliged,

SF
simsample
Cave Groupie

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 08:36:43 am »

Hi semper_fi, I take it you are using the old version of Sanctuary and not the one in this thread? Not sure what you mean by the MTS version- I haven't uploaded it to MTS.

The schools will usually be chosen according to the nearest- but that will sometimes be nearest as the crow flies (in a straight line) and not nearest by road/ route. I put more than one school in because with the original version I noticed that when my population got large there was a bottleneck, and sims were missing school. Adding extra schools solved that. If you wish to control the specific school that a sim attends then you will need a mod (such as Twallan's Career mod), otherwise the sims will just attend whichever one the game assigns.

For the Story Progression problem, I suspect that may be a problem with either the way SP is set up (do you have work push activated, for example?) or else perhaps another mod problem. I noticed someone on the NRAAS forum having the same issue (was that you?):
http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?/topic/2132-sims-no-longer-go-to-work/page__pid__38241#entry38241
If you are using the old version of the world then there are no subways.

For the secret lots question, I meant the lots that are accessible only by dive well (Duck Island, the Geo Dome garden). You could mark those as 'No Visitors Allowed' which will stop sims trying to autonomously reach those lots (in the new version, they are set to that anyway).

I would urge you to download and try the latest version of this world if you haven't already, as I made a lot of improvements to make it work better. smile

Elizriel
The Tiny One

Can't wait for Diablo 3 >_<

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 04:45:29 pm »

That is gorgeous, I love the sunset  grin

pickledpie

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 05:09:03 am »

Hey Simsample! Would it be possible for you to repost the information as I cannot see it here or on the Exchange! Thanks!
Sigmund
Cave Gatherer

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 09:35:08 pm »

Is there a working link for this world? I'm having trouble finding one.

ETA: Okay, it's on the exchange. Here is a link in case anybody else finds themselves in my boat.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 09:38:56 pm by Sigmund » Logged
simsample
Cave Groupie

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 01:15:54 pm »

I updated the first post with links to the files on SimsFileShare. smile

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  

This site is not endorsed with or affiliated by Electronic Arts, or its licensors.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors.
All rights reserved.
Maxis, Electronic Arts, EA Games, The Sims 2 are registered trademarks and � Copyright Electronic Arts Inc.