The SimsCave
April 19, 2024, 06:37:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read the rules before posting. Especially this one.

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Board Guidelines (read before posting here)  (Read 7672 times)
sorasunao
Is now also a mean
Administrator

« on: March 30, 2014, 09:20:08 am »

This board is for site owners to post their own updates whenever it suits them without having to wait for Cave Scouts to do it - we are humans after all and have lives outside of this site. Here are some general guidelines about what goes here and what not.

1. Who can post here?
- Anyone who has their own Sims site, the format doesn't matter so we welcome updates from forums, blogs (blogspot, tumblr, livejournal, dreamwidth...), sites etc. Basically if you create stuff and upload it somewhere you can post your updates here.

2. I'm not sure how to set up my own thread.
- You literally only have to hit the "NEW TOPIC" button here:

Give your new topic a Subject, we recommend format [Sims 2/3]Site name updates (Sims 2 or 3 obviously depending on which game your site has content for. If you create for both games use Sims 2 & 3) and in the text area you can write a description about your site and post pictures of your content (While most people do know how to post images in case you need help please see this topic. You can hotlink your own images obviously - if your site allows it since not every site does)

3. I have my topic set up and updated after that, what should I do now?
- Post a reply to your own topic so it shows up as a new post. In this board you should be able to double post (let me know if you can't post and we'll take another look at the board settings but it should be allowed)

4. So who shouldn't post here?
- if you don't have a site but know about some lovely site(s) you'd like to get featured here you shouldn't post their updates. Instead consider becoming a cave scout or send a private message to one of the existing Cave Scouts and ask them to include your finds to the updates threads. We also discourage commenting in the updates threads unless there is something actually important to point out (for example link not working or such), let's try to keep this board clean of extra chatter to make it easier for people to find the actual updates.

Any more questions? Ask in this topic and I'll update them here with replies.

Tutorial for uploading pictures

Hey project mediafryer folks: I'm active, no need to grab my files!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  

This site is not endorsed with or affiliated by Electronic Arts, or its licensors.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors.
All rights reserved.
Maxis, Electronic Arts, EA Games, The Sims 2 are registered trademarks and � Copyright Electronic Arts Inc.