The SimsCave
April 20, 2024, 12:30:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please check the upload rules before posting creations in the "Custom Content" area

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The 5 & Diner (Community lot)  (Read 13695 times)
sweetshiver
Cave Gatherer

~ shiver ~

« on: June 04, 2008, 06:47:08 pm »

I base all my lots on places I've been ... this restaurant is no exception. My friends and I would go here for great burgers and monster baskets of the best fries around .... after going out to the movies it was one of the places to go for fantastic pies, which you could buy to take home. Miss it like crazy.

Built on a 2X3 lot. Requires OFB & Freetime (I do have all EPs & SPs released up to K&B)
Thank you to the following creators - SimsConnection, Olemantiker, Bienchen, SimsKitchen, FreshPrince, Nicnvnt, FeeEssen, Meshkiste, RetailSims, StudioK, Shannigan, AnnoeskaB, Windkeeper, Exnem. If I've forgotten someone, my most sincere apologies.

Slideshow

Download

Unpackaged Req'd Files

Enjoy!
Cheers
~ shiver
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 11:21:22 pm by sweetshiver » Logged

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month ~ THINK PINK!
Visit www.divine.ca
CLICK TO GIVE A FREE MAMMOGRAM

The Sims 2 Council
redseawench
Proud Nana
Cave Gatherer

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 08:33:41 pm »

Very retro diner love it!,and was that the real name of the diner ? its very catchy  smile
sweetshiver
Cave Gatherer

~ shiver ~

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 08:53:55 pm »

It was the real name of the diner .... it's pretty big in the states http://www.5anddiner.com/
I don't think there are any left in Canada though ... pity. It was such a fun place. The TVs played 50s movies and shows. And the bakery was to die for. The location was great too .... right across from a main park where there's concerts in spring & summer, ice skating in the winter. I have very fond memories of the place. There's a really nice restaurant in it's place now ... but it's kind of an upscale italian trattoria. Not the same at all. *sigh*

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month ~ THINK PINK!
Visit www.divine.ca
CLICK TO GIVE A FREE MAMMOGRAM

The Sims 2 Council
Magenta
Custody Sergeant
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 05:53:52 am »

I was waiting for this one and it turned out absolutly perfect smile
I suck at community lots so good ones are appreciated anytime!

Thank you sweetshiver!

"There is no such thing as perfect justice. The idea of perfect justice drives to a mistaken route."
(Amartya Sen)

simsple stuff | simschannel stuff - Updated 05-18-10 | hnote files
nastygirl
Cave Groupie

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 01:48:13 pm »

What a great job you did on this! Thanks for sharing Sweetshiver  grin

Nasty
Nina
Cave Gatherer

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 09:47:55 pm »

the file isn't there anymore. please upload it again.

Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others.  If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter which fork you use.  ~Emily Post
Againstbullying
Cave Gatherer

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 10:28:51 pm »

I just checked and both the downloads are there.

Nina
Cave Gatherer

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 07:02:26 am »

yea it works now. last night media fire gave me an error message.

Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others.  If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter which fork you use.  ~Emily Post
ghostwrytr
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 12:54:30 am »

I'm reluctant to post but at this point I am bordering on desperate.(More than likely its just me, but I want to make sure).  I saw this lot and fell in love. I downloaded both files(and yes I know how to download and install CC...I have a 3GB folder of CC to prove it too!) Installed the lot with CleanInstaller, gathered all the files that resulted from the install and placed them in a folder for organization's sake and promptly entered the game to try it out.....

Only it wasn't there.  Some if not all the stuff used to decorate can be found in buy mode but the lot is M.I.A.  Note: Two other houses I downloaded from here are also not showing. 

So did I just miss something about this or has my game just decided it doesn't like me anymore?
simsample
Cave Groupie

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 05:44:36 am »

Try deleting the contents of the teleport folder and then installing just the lot segment again with Clean Installer. Sometimes the 'teleport' process fails.

I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose Freewill
vivi

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 09:46:55 am »

WOW! A lot of work went into this lot and I can't wait to try it out in game. This may just replace Martine's Real Diner from MTS2 as my sims' favourite greasy spoon! Thanks for all your hard work!

Try deleting the contents of the teleport folder and then installing just the lot segment again with Clean Installer. Sometimes the 'teleport' process fails.

I've noticed that ever since I installed Mansion & Garden that I have to install the lot separately (and sometimes 2 or 3 times) It's really annoying.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  

This site is not endorsed with or affiliated by Electronic Arts, or its licensors.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors.
All rights reserved.
Maxis, Electronic Arts, EA Games, The Sims 2 are registered trademarks and � Copyright Electronic Arts Inc.