The SimsCave
March 28, 2024, 09:30:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Download links not working? Click me!

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: HiDef Sims (Use this if you want HDSims in your game)  (Read 25682 times)
dachshundsr4me
Featured Creator

« on: October 19, 2011, 09:10:08 am »

Just so everyone know all of my recent sims i have tweaked my Graphics Rule file to show for HDSims...I have changed the value of the GraphicsRules.sgr in where the sims details is....

She was softened in the portrait and that is why u cant see every eyelash and such...I do that with photoshop....see the bottom picture for the raw picture that was not enhanced using photoshop (the last one below)

See i tinkered with the Graphisrule file to make sure that it allows for more pixels thus allowing for better picture taking...that thing on the site that does it for you (AWT's site) didnt work for me (I kept getting error messages for it) so i went in notepad and did it myself...i am willing to upload my graphicsrule file for anyone wishing to use it....you have to paste it in c:/ Programs File 86/Electronic Arts/sims 3/game/bin

(You can find the tweaked Graphics Rule file for downloading behind this link)  (fixed the link to point to Dachs' blog where the latest version is hosted)-sora

Well its here if you want it...all it did was double to number in the graphics area for the sims details is all....not for trees and such though...i left those the same. I have been running it in game now and my game is patched with the new patch too and have had no problems...be sure to copy a copy of the original and place the copy in your documents folder in case you decide you do not care for this being this way so you can revert back to the old graphics settings. Another of my sims with the graphicsrule set to the way i set it.

Here is her picture untouched without adding softness or anything to the picture...this is the raw picture that was taken and how the graphics preview without touching them up in photoshop....This is what you will get photo wise with the graphisrule file i have uploaded for anyone who wants to use it. This is the highest setting on sims details in game with my tweak....The next to the highest setting would be the highest setting that EA has made so if you like that way then all u have to do is just set the sims detail to medium under the options menu. But if you want to be able to see every eyelash and every last detail just add my tweaked graphicsrule where i specified and set the setting to high in your options menu in game and walla...HQ detail...you will now have Hi Definitions Sims

The white patches on her face is a blush that i am not sure i am happy with 100%...i set it to use as a highlighter...hum...anyway the graphics rule file did not cause that...that was the makeup i used on her in game.But the seeing of every eyelash and such...that is the tweaked graphics rule file.

Also just so you know in my sims pictures i add glow to them in photoshop...if you think that my sims will be glowing in your game then i have no idea what to say to that...so please note all my sims do not come glowing.

This is the area i changed in my file:

setting $High
       prop $ConfigGroup RenderSimLODDistances "5, 30, 85, 250"
       prop $ConfigGroup RenderSimTextureSizes "2048, 2048, 256, 128" <this use to be 1024 instead of 2048
       prop $ConfigGroup RenderSimUseSpecular  "1, 1, 1, 0"
        prop $ConfigGroup CASLightMapWidth 1024
        prop $ConfigGroup CASLightMapFilteringEnabled true
        prop $ConfigGroup CASSinglePassShaderEnabled false
        prop $ConfigGroup CASSimpleHairShaderEnabled false
       prop $ConfigGroup CASRenderTargetSize  2048 <Here too
      prop $ConfigGroup MinSimLOD 1
   prop $ConfigGroup ActiveLODLimit 200
   prop $ConfigGroup ShaderSkinCompositing true
   setting $VeryHigh
       prop $ConfigGroup RenderSimLODDistances "25, 50, 100, 1000"
       prop $ConfigGroup RenderSimTextureSizes "4096, 4096, 512, 128" < this use to be 2048 instead of 4096
       prop $ConfigGroup RenderSimUseSpecular  "1, 1, 1, 1"
        prop $ConfigGroup CASLightMapWidth 1024
        prop $ConfigGroup CASLightMapFilteringEnabled true
        prop $ConfigGroup CASSinglePassShaderEnabled false
        prop $ConfigGroup CASSimpleHairShaderEnabled false
       prop $ConfigGroup CASRenderTargetSize  4096 <Here too
      prop $ConfigGroup MinSimLOD 0
   prop $ConfigGroup ActiveLODLimit 200
   prop $ConfigGroup ShaderSkinCompositing true
end
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 12:16:24 am by sorasunao » Logged
AmberIndia
Amberlicious
Cave Gatherer

Girl, I'm FABulous

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 01:18:33 pm »

Cool work!! I am in awe!! <3  Edit:  Dachs, I can't explain my love for this wonderful.................................................................... mod you've made.  I love you so much for this.  I'll post some pictures of my simmies in the evening, you were so true when you said about the eye lash details, my sims look so gorgeous with this mod.  Thanks heaps!! I am officially in love with you!!! XD
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 10:34:31 pm by AmberIndia » Logged

And now these three remain:  faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
dachshundsr4me
Featured Creator

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 10:08:54 am »

Thanks and i am happy i shared this with you.  grin
formalinsim

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 03:08:07 am »

Please, load once again the link, for me doesn't work  cry
benmendelsohnisbae

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 12:10:31 am »

If anyone has this I was wondering if they could reupload it? The link is dead.
sorasunao
Is now also a mean
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 12:15:32 am »

It's still in their blog although the page seems to have changed to this one now. Edit: fixed the link in the first post too.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 12:17:20 am by sorasunao » Logged

Tutorial for uploading pictures

Hey project mediafryer folks: I'm active, no need to grab my files!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  

This site is not endorsed with or affiliated by Electronic Arts, or its licensors.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors.
All rights reserved.
Maxis, Electronic Arts, EA Games, The Sims 2 are registered trademarks and � Copyright Electronic Arts Inc.