The SimsCave
April 18, 2024, 07:58:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Bumped at a dead link? Report them here for Sims 2 and here for Sims 3.

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hair conversion - Andy hair for Sims 3 (all ages)  (Read 14053 times)
Rissa
Global Moderator

« on: January 25, 2011, 08:15:43 pm »

Hello everyone,
just after HP released her hair meshing tutorial for Sims 3 more than one and a half years ago I created this hair conversion of an official Maxis download.
As I'm not really active at the Sims community at the moment I thought I'd rather share this one with you before I delete it by accident. Maybe one or two of you like to use this file...

This is far from perfect. It's my first and, up to now, last meshing project. The texture is crappy because I just used the original Maxis one, mapping and everything. As I don't have a graphics tablet I could not make a new texture, also the "Control" is messed up.
As the Maxis mesh is really low poly, around 200-300 or so, it looks a bit blocky on the kid, but I have no idea how to change that.

This upload is meant for those who don't care that this isn't perfect or for someone who likes the idea and wants to improve it.
If anyone gives it a try: please tell me, I'd like to see. I still have all the project files, so if you want to have a look I could share them, too (I just don't remember what the single files are, you'd have to figure out yourself...) Just don't upload to any paysite or claim as your own.

So that's how the hair looks in CAS (blurryness mostly due to picture compression, not all because of the bad texture quality):

Child

Toddler

"Streaked" blonde adult hair

"Highlights"

I don't have any ingame-pics or uncompressed CAS-pics as I haven't started the game for several months. You'd have to try it yourself.

http://www.mediafire.com/?eeko4fzny29uaz8
Files included:
Rissa_AndyTS3_cm_hair.package
Rissa_AndyTS3_am_hair.package
Rissa_AndyTS3_pm_hair.package

Just remember that this is an old file, an experiment if you want to call it that way.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 09:07:12 pm by Rissa » Logged
sorasunao
Is now also a mean
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 10:20:43 am »

That's actually very cute and I can see use for it! ^w^ *downloads* Thanks for sharing smile

Tutorial for uploading pictures

Hey project mediafryer folks: I'm active, no need to grab my files!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  

This site is not endorsed with or affiliated by Electronic Arts, or its licensors.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors.
All rights reserved.
Maxis, Electronic Arts, EA Games, The Sims 2 are registered trademarks and � Copyright Electronic Arts Inc.