The SimsCave
March 28, 2024, 12:17:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Bumped at a dead link? Report them here for Sims 2 and here for Sims 3.

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: [Sims 3]Sanctuary  (Read 44190 times)
simsample
Cave Groupie

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 09:31:18 am »

It doesn't work for me :SS it just crashes
That's a shame- what game version and EPs are you running? Do you have Riverview installed? Also, try testing it with your custom content temporarily removed.

grin Lamento no hablar ingles, pero quería decirte que me ha encantado el mundo que haz construido. Está realmente espectacular. Haz hecho un trabajo increible!. Muchas gracias!!!
Gracias por sus comentarios, acuarella! Me alegro que te guste. smile
(Thankyou for your comments, acuarella! I am glad you like it.)

Thank you for the great work you did! i love this world! it's just perfect for my liking  grin

(btw: i don't have HELS, just world adventures and ambitions, and everything works fine)
Thankyou for letting me know, narfigator- it's good to know it workd without HELS! I noticed today that I used a little decorative pond in the Cosmopolitan Garden maze that may be from HELS, so if you notice a gap there perhaps you could fill it with something else! smile I'm glad you like Sanctuary. cheesy

Edited to add: I put links to an Ambitions Savegame and the .World file in the first post. smile
Double edit: CAW files also up. smile
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 02:04:38 pm by simsample » Logged

I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose Freewill
vickulik
Cave Gatherer

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2010, 05:07:24 am »

Lovely. Just what i need for my game. Thank you
markjs
Cave Gatherer

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2010, 06:40:03 am »

simsample, this world looks amazing!

May I ask, how much time you spent on it?
It looks so much detailed and I loved your conception...

Your world is one of the bests, if not the best I've seen so far!
Thanks for doing it and sharing with us! smile

“One small step for man, one blocked path for sim-kind.” - awtmk.blogspot.com
simsample
Cave Groupie

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 03:49:29 pm »

Thankyou vickulik, I hope you enjoy it!  grin

markjs, thanks for your comments! I spent far too much time on this, I began working on it when CAW first came out. So around seven months! I didn't play much Sims 3 in that time, just create-a-world!  laugh I'm glad you like it. smile

Nalia
Cave Groupie

イノセンスはつどう

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 04:51:51 pm »

WOOT! Simsample has unleashed the demon of creativity! laugh

*dang!* Unfortunatelly, I have neither HELS nor Ambitions. I'm bookmarking the page for future reference, when and if.
Thank you so much for all your hard work. I admire your determination to make such a huge project.
*suffocating hugs*

My LiveJournal
Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.
simsample
Cave Groupie

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 08:25:17 pm »

Hey Nalia! *Hugs*

narfigator on the previous page informs me that HELS is not needed; I've had reports from elsewhere that this is so, as well. smile

Ambitions is not needed if you download the Sims3Pack, .world file or the sims. But you will need Ambitions for the savegame file I linked to, as this was created with Ambitions installed, and is a version of the world with the ambitions lots created.  smile

So, you're safe to try it out, if you can tear yourself away from Sims 2!  tongue  lol

Nalia
Cave Groupie

イノセンスはつどう

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2010, 02:51:24 am »

I can always tear myself away if I am to check the work of a friend. Always!    Kiss

My LiveJournal
simsample
Cave Groupie

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2010, 07:35:47 am »

grin Hope you like it, Nalia!

unknownphoenix
Cave Gatherer

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2010, 11:08:45 am »

it works for me as well, but im not sure how I get people into it. Do i have to supply them or will the auto generate after I move someone in?

simsample
Cave Groupie

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2010, 07:02:16 am »

unknownphoenix- you can either download my families from my Sims page (on the Sims 3 official site)- link in my first post. Or, you can download the savegame I put in the first post, as long as you have Ambitions. This contains the Sims already installed into the lots I made for them.

Otherwise, as long as you have Story Progression turned on (or a suitable Story Progression Mod like Awesome or Twallan's SP) the game will generate families for you, and you can create families in CAS in the normal way. smile

Canoodle

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2010, 11:40:50 am »

Really nice work! Thank you T.  smile
simsample
Cave Groupie

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2010, 04:25:18 pm »

No problem 'Noodle, I hope you have fun with it!  smile

Sofiseven

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2010, 12:36:20 am »

Hi there, SimSample!

I wanted to write to compliment you on your beautiful work on your world, Sanctuary. I downloaded it to my game, and played it for quite some time.

I love the way you designed your houses and buildings, too! They're simply gorgeous, and far surpass any of the standard structures I've seen in the regular game.

I actually do have to say, though, that even with a much faster PSU and 1 GB PCI Express SDDR2 video card that I upgraded my system to, your world is just so huge that my game froze up at least once each time that I played Sanctuary. It also just took so terribly long for my Sims to make it from one side of the island to another, that it wore my patience down enough that I no longer play it. I miss your world, because you did a truly beautiful job with it, but I'm just not patient enough for the long travel times throughout it.

Please keep up the SPECTACULAR work, though! EA could do themselves a favor by hiring you on to create worlds for them!
simsample
Cave Groupie

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2010, 05:43:43 pm »

Thanks for your nice comments, Sofiseven!

Sorry you were experiencing freezing, my guess is that this was caused by sims trying to route to the two isolated lots on the island (Duck Island Bird Hide and the Geodome Science Garden). One solution to this would be to mark those two lots 'Visitors Not Allowed' in Edit Town mode. This was suggested by someone on the Sims 3 site, and seems to work well. I've played the world for around 50 sim weeks with a bottom-end computer with no issues.

I'm beginning work on a new world with the main lots closer together, so I hope you'll perhaps try that one when I finish it! Thanks for testing and commenting. smile

Nalia
Cave Groupie

イノセンスはつどう

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2010, 02:10:59 am »

I, too, tested Sanctuary once I installed Ambitions and HELS --just the world with the lots, without the Sims it comes with-- and I have to say it is indeed beautiful!

I did not stomp on freezes and lags, the game run smoothly despite its size, but I had the same problem, so to speak, with Sofiseven: the lots were scattered all over the place and too far away from each other, so Sims were losing valuable time for moving to work and back, or for visiting other Sims.  From a very personal, and thus subjective, point, I am not a fan of Sims doing adventures and tomb raiding, so the diving wells did not appeal much to me, although the feature you introcuded with your world was rather innovative.     In such a big world, I would like to have also the residential lots close together. I don't play with EAtards' pre-made families, so it is vital for me to have my Sims living close to each other.

Looking forward to your new world. 

My LiveJournal
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  

This site is not endorsed with or affiliated by Electronic Arts, or its licensors.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors.
All rights reserved.
Maxis, Electronic Arts, EA Games, The Sims 2 are registered trademarks and � Copyright Electronic Arts Inc.