The SimsCave
March 29, 2024, 03:56:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Download links not working? Click me!

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Tragic Mansions - recolor of Simnuts' Louvre windows, doors & curtain  (Read 13764 times)
nixy
Cave Groupie

« on: April 03, 2008, 02:45:23 am »

It may not have been made apparent yet, but I especially love things that are kind of messed up. Chances are, if it's old, broken, faded, stained, crumbling, dusty, rubbed thin, exposed to the elements, or aged like cheese, I will think it most marvelous. Combining my love of the decrepit and crappy with my unwavering devotion to all of the colors, all of the time, I offer you a few recolors of a free-but-AWOL mesh set.

Tragic Mansions is the name of a novel by Belle Epoque socialite and iconoclast, Rita d'Acosta Lydig. I have been trying to find this book for over 10 years, and when I finally found a copy it was...$1600.00.  :o  For all I know, the book is terrible. I just want to read it because the woman had great taste in shoes and a very melodramatic life. So this is my little tribute to a story I will probably never read  :P

My recolor files are here: http://www.mediafire.com/?mxys9t3c3nw

Simnuts' original meshes and recolors - formerly at Komosims - are here: http://www.mediafire.com/?x71jme2bdhz

Unless you already have the Louvre meshes, you will need BOTH files.

Most colors are not pictured: There are 9 door colors, 4 colors for the doorframe and windowframes, and 12 curtain recolors.

Please note: Both my recolors and Simnuts' original files have a bright red flaw along the top of the arched window, as shown:

I had hoped this was my fault, but unfortunately it seems to be a problem with the mesh, so I can't do anything about it. I didn't even notice the problem until I had the files in game to take screenshots, so I would imagine that most people won't be bothered by this.
wallajar
Cave Gatherer

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 11:36:35 am »

I really like these colour combinations.
Not many people like green, but I am one of those exceptions and your green is amazing.

jar
calalily
Cave Gatherer

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 02:33:58 pm »

That is truly gorgeous.  I joined to get this.  :P

nixy
Cave Groupie

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 12:25:04 pm »

That is truly gorgeous.  I joined to get this.  :P

Wow - I *really* hope you like them, then! I'm very flattered smile
nixy
Cave Groupie

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 12:28:36 pm »

I really like these colour combinations.
Not many people like green, but I am one of those exceptions and your green is amazing.

jar

Thank you! Green (all the shades of green, pretty much) is one of my favorite colors. Do people generally really not like it? What fools!  cheesy
sleep
Cave Gatherer

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 10:09:25 pm »

What a lovely set. I even have the meshes around somewhere.
lillypad
Cave Gatherer

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 12:44:32 am »

Very nice!!  I LOVE the name you came up with "Tragic Mansions"... inspires such vivid imaginings!! smile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  

This site is not endorsed with or affiliated by Electronic Arts, or its licensors.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors.
All rights reserved.
Maxis, Electronic Arts, EA Games, The Sims 2 are registered trademarks and � Copyright Electronic Arts Inc.