The SimsCave
May 05, 2024, 05:24:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Bumped at a dead link? Report them here for Sims 2 and here for Sims 3.

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Retexture of Bunhead's Kokomo jeans with heels  (Read 24881 times)
Namea
Cave Scout

Trish

« on: November 24, 2013, 02:00:41 pm »

Hello guys! I'm working on a recolour and retexture of the kokomo skinny jeans with heels mesh by Bunhead. I intend to do it in selected pooklet colors as well as have various subtle patterns on it. One set will have full patterns the other set will have the patterns only on the back pockets, bottom of the pants, and very lightly on the shoe heels. So far my pattern ideas are: Subtle floral, Circuitry, Zebra print, leopard print, and maybe something with stars. Any other pattern ideas or colour suggestions are welcome.

I've done only one full patterned (The green) And the rest have it on the back pockets and heels as intended for you guys to see.

Those are the backs. So far we've got: Red with lace/floral pattern, Orange with Zebra print, Blue with circuitry, Green checkers, and I couldn't decide for purple so I did circuitry again. Any ideas on what would work well with purple are greatly appreciated. <3

Download
Mesh is here
My current thoughts:
Perhaps tone down the colour just a tad
Perhaps a little less heavy-handed on the denim texture
Continue to try and figure out which part of the bmp is the front of the heel and bottom of the heel-arch so I can colour those to match the pants.
Pattern should be applied beneath the denim to remain jean-looking.

Anyway, I welcome any and all suggestions for improvement. <3
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 03:46:59 pm by Namea » Logged

25 - Parent - Simmer - TS1, TS2, TS3, and now TS4.<br />TS2 is still my favourite though.
sorasunao
Is now also a mean
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 03:25:08 pm »

For figuring out how the texture is mapped I usually rely on the alpha and place it on top of the texture and make that layer half transparent so you can see what part is covered by the alpha, if you're still unsure about some part make another layer, choose the area in question and bucket tool it with some color you can tell from the others you've used (I usually use something like magenta or bright neon green) or if there are few areas you can do them all at once, just use different color for each part so you don't get further confused. Then hide/delete the alpha-layer and export the texture to check in bodyshop what part changed the color.

Anyway, these look nice to me as is, bright colors aren't necessarily bad especially when you can still see the texture and shading and in yours all those are there so I can only give you thumbs up for that!  thumbup

Tutorial for uploading pictures

Hey project mediafryer folks: I'm active, no need to grab my files!
Namea
Cave Scout

Trish

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 03:37:25 pm »

Aww thanks!

I tried filling all the black parts with different colours and none of them showed up...I'm wondering if because the original mesh was an alpha edit they just won't show up.

The original mesh apparently had a shirt to it, when I went to colour the shoes I saw some shirt with them that isn't there in the pants...XD

25 - Parent - Simmer - TS1, TS2, TS3, and now TS4.<br />TS2 is still my favourite though.
sorasunao
Is now also a mean
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 03:58:09 pm »

Ah, apparently the texture is split on two files then, the other texture probably contains the texture for the jeans and the other one has the shoes, I guess the dress texture you're seeing is from an outfit where the original shoes came from so it was probably easiest to just reuse that texture again instead of remapping the whole thing.

Tutorial for uploading pictures

Hey project mediafryer folks: I'm active, no need to grab my files!
Namea
Cave Scout

Trish

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 11:30:57 am »

Yup! That's alright, I like what I chose to do with the heels instead.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  

This site is not endorsed with or affiliated by Electronic Arts, or its licensors.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors.
All rights reserved.
Maxis, Electronic Arts, EA Games, The Sims 2 are registered trademarks and � Copyright Electronic Arts Inc.