The SimsCave
May 10, 2024, 03:12:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please check the upload rules before posting creations in the "Custom Content" area

Home   Forum   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Sims Interior Designs  (Read 2743 times)
Ginnie
Cave Gatherer

« on: October 17, 2019, 01:18:53 pm »

CLONING POLICY
You can clone and recolor my FREE sims interior designs files with the following provisions:
1) Please link back to us on your site and credit our work.
2) Creations based on our work must be distributed for free.

You are NOT allowed to sell recolors, clones etc... of my work.
Recolor of donation items is also NOT allowed.

SCREENSHOTS
You're absolutely welcome to I use myobjects in screenshots- thanks for asking! If you do, please just credit/link Sims Interior Designs on the page where it appears.

REQUEST
I'm sorry, but I don't accept request, I have already a lot of work. You can send me an image if you want, but don't expect me to create it.

Can I include your objects in a house for download?
If by "include" you mean putting my objects on a shopping list, you're absolutely welcome to. If you want to offer them on your site for download along with the house, please do so but remember only free files.

FILE SHARE FRIENDLY
You can share my FREE files for private use, with your friends at any sims file share forum, using the e-mail . This is useful to help a site to save some bandwidth and also to help some visitors that couldn't get the files. I DON'T allow the use/upload of our stuff in any other site/forum/e-group/FTP. The only way you can share my Free downloads is through e-mail. I DON'T allow you to share our donation files. Please respect this, there is a lot of work behind the designs. Most of my site is free. If I offer from time to time donation files is to cover exclusively my server/bandwith costs.

DONATING
I want to offer as much objects as possible for free. But this is only possible when at least the costs for my website can be paid. Thats the reason for my donation files.
Please visit the donation center and go to the FAQ section.

MAKING OBJECTS
I've being asked so many times to write a how to make objects tutorial. I'm sorry, but english is not my mother tongue and it would take ages for me to do it. Also it's only me behind all the object design and site update of Sims Interior Designs...I can't clone myself LOL. Anyway, I use Adobe Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro to design my objects (most of them from scratch, others editing pixels from an image) and make them compatible with the sims using Transmogrifier. There are lots of tutorials out there (For example Miffy's Sims Architectural Supplies) and also great forums where you can find more information and contact real experts (The Sims Resource and N99 Message Center)

DOWNLOADING AND SAVING FILES
Downloading Files to your computer
When you choose to download a file, Windows will pop up a small window to ask you if you want to open the file or save the file to your computer, click save the file. After that, another small window pop up to ask you where to save the zip file.
All the files you download from Sims Interior Designs like most of the sims site are compressed by WinZip, so you can download faster. You must put the downloaded files to the right folder and UNZIP them fist. (Get WinZip here)

UNZIP the file
Go to the zip file you have just downloaded and double click on the file to open it. A WinZip window will open. (If you don't have a registered version, choose 'Accept' or 'I Agree'). When WinZip opens, click on the large ‘Extract’. This will open up an Explorer type browser. Using this, open up the folders until you come to C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims\Gamedata\xxxxxx (replace the xxxxxx by objects, Skins, Walls, Floors or Houses). Then, click on OK, and the files will be extracted to that folder.
Objects - unzip the .iff files to The Sims/Gamedata/Objects/
Walls - unzip .wll files into The Sims/Gamedata/Walls/
Floors - unzip .flr files into The Sims/Gamedata/Floors/
Roofs - unzip .bmp files into The Sims/Gamedata/Roofs/
Houses - unzip .iff file into The Sims/Userdata/House/
Skins - unzip .skn .cmx .bmp into The Sims/Gamedata/Skins/ 

Now run the game, the new things will appear in your game! If the file is a house, you will be overwriting an existing file, so you will be prompted and asked if you wish to overwrite. Just select yes. If you like the existing house of the same lot, please backup the file first.

If you are still having problems downloading, there is a fantastic winzip tutorial at Sims Plus

Build mode bug
The number of downloads you can have in your game depends on which expansions you've got. When we talk about downloads we mean: objects, skins, walls and floors. When you just got The Sims without any expansions, then there are the following limits: walls; 90, floors; 63, objects; unlimited, skins; unlimited If you've got The Sims with the first expansion Living Large, then there are the following limits: walls; 65.535, floors; 65.535, objects; unlimited, skins; unlimited If you've got any of the other expansions, then everything is unlimited! However there's something called the "Build Mode Bug" which gives the unlimited objects you download for some people a certain limit. This bug only applies for objects that show up in "Build Mode" and not in "Buy Mode". Like I said before this is just for some people as not everybody is experiencing this same problem or bug. When you download to many "Build Mode" objects, then the following things can happen to your game:
to many doors -> windows become doors
to many columns -> swimming pool ladder and diving board disappear
to many fences -> swimming pool ladder and diving board disappear
to many plants -> fireplaces become plants
to many windows -> staircases become windows 
You can just delete some objects, but you can avoid it by getting Transmogrifier from http://www.lushcreations.com/transmogrifier.htm or if you have Hot date, using Sim Categorizer at http://paladinx.home.together.net/ (The oficial version called Sims object organizer is already available at www.thesims.com) and changing downloaded items from build mode to decorative or buy mode.

Hope this helps Wink
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 09:12:16 pm by Ginnie » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to:  

This site is not endorsed with or affiliated by Electronic Arts, or its licensors.
Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors.
All rights reserved.
Maxis, Electronic Arts, EA Games, The Sims 2 are registered trademarks and � Copyright Electronic Arts Inc.